Is it permissible to change one’s Madh-hab (School of thought)?

Question 10: Is it permissible for a Muslim to change from Madh-hab (School of Jurisprudence) to Madh-hab? Can he follow the Maalikee Madh-hab, then move to the Hanbalee one and then return to the Maalikee Madh-hab again?

Answer: A Muslim should work according to the proofs derived from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah whether they agree with the Madh-hab he holds or not. Allaah (Glorified and Exalted be He) says… read more here.