A woman going to see a male doctor

Question: I have been married to a woman for three years and she has not been able to give birth until now. I want her to be examined by a doctor, but there are no female doctors available; only male doctors. Is it permissible for her to be examined by a male doctor, knowing that she has refused such thing? Furthermore, my wife is now living with her family due to some family problems and they will not let her come back to me except if I dealt with them aggressively. They are harsh and impious, and wish to separate us against our will. If I file a lawsuit against them, they will force my wife to ask for divorce.

Kindly give me your opinion in this regard. Some people advise me to go to sorcerers, and I know that going to and believing sorcerers is an act of Shirk (associating others with Allaah in His Divinity or worship). I am really at a loss and do not know whether to go to sorcerers or not. Kindly guide me to the right decision. May Allaah guide you!

Answer: Firstly, it is permissible for your wife to be examined by a specialized male doctor to know the reasons behind the delay of pregnancy when specialized female doctors are lacking, provided that there is no Khulwah (being alone with a member of the opposite sex) between her and the doctor… read more here.


Your Feedback!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s